Biogents mosquito traps are the result of more than 16 years of academic research into the behavior of mosquitoes. As a result, a novel, highly effective type of trap was developed. It is used in diverse models for different regions and mosquito species. The superior efficiency of Biogents mosquito traps has been scientifically proven by researchers worldwide:Click here to download a list of scientific studies with Biogents traps. With over 100,000 sold mosquito traps, Biogents is the market leader for tiger mosquito traps (Asian tiger mosquitoes,Aedes albopictus, and dengue or yellow fever mosquitoes,Aedes aegypti).
Biogents mosquito traps can locally control mosquito populations and significantly reduce biting pressure and nuisance. They are also used as highly efficient surveillance traps. Here we list several of the Biogents make products for Indian customers.
Minimum Order Quantity: 12 Piece
|Working Voltage (volt)||NA|
|Pack Size||6 number|
|Pest Control Type||Mosquito Control|
Female mosquitoes are attracted by water and oviposition cues and enter the transparent chamber through the funnel. Once in the chamber mosquitoes try to escape through the translucent windows where they are exposed to oil/insecti- cide. The catch bag provides a barrier between mosquitoes and the infused water as well as retains dead mosquitoes.
To kill the mosquitoes, a killing agent (e.g., canola oil ora residual surface spray insecticide) can be applied to the inner wall of the translucent chamber:
1) A thin film of cooking oil can be wiped on the inside ofthe translucent chamber. The oil “wets“ the wings of themosquitoes, making flight impossible.
We recommend a neutral oil like canola and vegetable oil. You can also use the aerosolised versions of these oils. Avo-id using light or flavored oils such as olive oil, sesame oiland walnut oil as they may inhibit entry 1.
2) Alternatively you can use residual surface spray insecti-cides that will kill mosquitoes through contact (for exampleMortein Outdoor Barrier Surface Spray, imiprothrin 0.3 g/kg and 0.6 g/kg deltamethrin Reckitt Bensckiser Pty. Ltd.).
3) Another option is to place a sticky card into the transpa- rent chamber 1.
Do not spray the black bucket or entry funnel. This will re- pel mosquitoes!
Retreat the translucent chamber monthly.
View Complete details
Minimum Order Quantity: 6 Unit
|Power (W)||12v 2amp|
|Material||Nylon and Polypropylene|
Numerous independent scientific studies have been conducted with the BG-Sentinel all over the world, and it has been successfully proven to be the most effective mos- quito trap on the market.
The BG-Sentinel does not require CO2 to attract
- Aedes aegypti, Aedes albopictus, and Aedes polynesiensis
- Some Culex species like Culex quinquefasciatus or Culex pipiens
With the addition of CO2 the BG-Sentinel attracts
- Additional mosquitoes such as Ochlerotatus, Aedes vexans, Aedes cinereus, Anopheles or Coquillettidia
Other hematophagous insects such as blackflies (Simuliidae) or no-see-ums/biting midges (Ceratopogonidae)
Increased numbers of the species mentionedabove (attracted without CO2)
Technology & Safety
The BG-Sentinel uses innovative patented and patent-pending technology.
The BG-Sentinel is safe and easy to handle, requires an electric power supply of only 12 Volts and does not emit toxic chemicals.
Flexible Use & Possible Upgrades
- The BG-Sentinel is collapsible (diameter 35 cm; height 10 cm) and light (0.8 kg) making it easy to transport, carry, and store.
- The BG-Sentinel can be easily assembled in as little as 5 minutes and does not require the use of any tools.
- The BG-Sentinel can be safely used indoors (without CO2) as well as outdoors, according to your needs.
- The BG-Sentinel is large enough to incorporate additional attractants (fragran- ces, small animals, worn clothing, animal hairs, lights) making it a very versatile research tool.
You can upgrade the BG-Sentinel with the Biogents proprietary CO2 device.
Another upgrade is a larger catch bag for pest insects such as house flies or for mass trapping operations.
Please visit us at https//www.labitems.co.in for our complete portfolio
View Complete details